Study Abroad Opportunity
Shoreline Community College is offering a to current RDH students and licensed RDHs.
General information about the Bolivia and Peru study abroad:
Approximate travel dates:
- Depart Seattle around August 25-29
- Approximate return date: September 12-15
- The trip will be approx. 2 1/2 weeks total, the departure and return dates depend primarily on flights.
- Total cost $3500/person, includes all transportation to and from airports and outreach programs, airfare, lodging, travelers insurance, worker's visa application fee, and some meals (not all meals are included in this cost).
The tentative agenda:
- Arrive Bolivia and have 2-3 days for fun/exploring/checking out different cities/areas of interest ie: Lake Titicaca, Mount Chaculaya, possibly salt flats if I can make that work in our budget/time line
- Next 2-4 days (depending how many outreach programs/patient care time we can schedule) Arrive Cochabamba, Bolivia, volunteer in outreach programs with Smiles Forever in and around the city and/or at the Smiles Forever Dental Clinic
- Travel to Villa Tunari located in the Chapare region, approximately 5 days of volunteer work primarily with school aged children, participation in an SDF research project with Dr. Steven Duffen and Smiles Forever
Return from Villa Tunari, depart for Peru, 3 nights in Cuzco, Peru and Machu Picchu
- Return to Seattle
If you are not a current Shoreline Community College student, you have to "technically" be a student to make this work, you simply register as a Shoreline Community College student for Summer Quarter 2018 (this is free), you will then be assigned a Shoreline Community College email address and can register for our study abroad.
Here are some helpful links for more information: